Sunday, August 2, 2009

Camina conmigo

Yesterday it rained off and on all day.This was a good thing for me because I can't stand the intense heat and I'm here during one of the hottest months of the year. Nonetheless I strolled the streets of Gazcue and Zona Colonial with my friend Joselina. We checked out a couple apartment options for me to rent, sipped some perfectly chilled Presidente in the park, and visited Chinatown. Along the way I met some of Josey's friends, one of whom has been in DR for the past 2 months and lives 3 blocks away from me in Brooklyn (the world is so small). It was a nice and mellow first day in Santo Domingo. Walk with me...

Ayer llovia casi todo el dia. Para mi fue bueno porque no me gusta el calor intenso y estoy aqui durante uno de los meses mas caloroso del ano. Sin embargo yo camine las calles Gazcue y Zona Colonial con mi buena amiga Joselina. Vimos algunas opciones de apartamentos para yo alquilar, bebimos algunas Presidentes perfectamente frias en el parque, y visitamos al barrio chino. En camino, nos encontramos con algunos amigos de Josey, una quien tiene dos meses viviendo en RD y tambien tiene una casa a tres cuadras de mi en Brooklyn (el mundo es muy pequeno). Fue un primer dia muy bueno y tranquilo en Santo Domingo. Camina conmigo...


2 comments:

  1. So beautiful. I look forward to constant updates Mo; from the rocks you've kicked to the gorgeous landscape of the land

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola mi amiga! Just for being the first person to post a comment I'll make sure I bring something special back for you ;)

    (and if you haven't heard the album, the song on this slideshow is on Mos Def's new album "The Ecstatic"...probably the best rap album of the summer)

    ReplyDelete